Thursday, April 13, 2006

Of Stewardesses


Just finished reading this book. Love the terms, love the tempo, and love the book! Highly recommended.

I came to know about this book in March when the author was invited to share her experiences in a popular radio station. This book was already a bestseller at that time. I thought of getting this book at the International Book Fair at PWTC but couldn't find it.

At the age of six, I have already flewn to overseas to visit aunts and uncles studying there. It was then that I became fascinated by the profession of a stewardess. I especially like their appearances. Extremely neat and fresh-looking all the time! Once I voiced my intention of becoming an air-stewardess to my parents but they were totally against it. But while there are pro and cons, I believe it depends entirely on a person's integrity and professionalism. Still I admire them greatly.

I am in complete agreement with Yvonne in saying that it is more than just serving F & B or welcoming passengers on board. They have to know and deal with so much things at 35000 feet and yet they still must retain their charm and composure.

Congratulations to Yvonne Lee. Really looking forward to her next book.

P/S : Is it fate or a pure coincidence that Faizal's wife happened to be an ex-stewardess?


No comments: