Thursday, February 01, 2007

Why can't I...

Earlier on Wednesday I saw the untouched pile of daily newspapers in our living room a little thicker than usual. I decided to check on it and found out the newspaper man has mistakenly included a newspaper that we do not subscribe daily.

Then I decided to read it and compensate the newspaper man tomorrow for the price. I hate to think that today, he will not have sufficient newspapers to distribute to the subscribers. He may even have to pay for it out of his salary.

I know that wasn't my fault or my problem but when I thought of how sometimes people made little mistake and somebody made good of it, and I tell myself why can't I do the same? I have had my share of chances last time, why can't I do the same to other people?

Yeah people can just say.. "eh, what for you wanna pay, his company is already rich.. etc.." well it is not the company i am concerned about, it's the man, the newspaper man.. who knows what sort of hardships he is going through everyday to deliver newspapers to us here..

a couple of years back I was upset for days when I learned that our newspaper man at that time passed away in an accident when delivering newspapers.. i just cannot explain why, but i was really upset...

No comments: