Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Michael - Continuation of the Shanghai GP


QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: (Anthony Rowlinson – Autosport) Michael, after a race like that, why are you retiring?
MS: I explained myself pretty extensively at Monza and it is very nice that you ask the question and it is better to go maybe when you are still asking the question than that you hint that it is time to go…
Q: (Ranran Li – Xinmin Evening News) Someone said that Shanghai is an unlucky place for you – do you still think that? What do you think of Shanghai now and will you return as an ordinary visitor in the future?
MS: Indeed, the last two years weren’t very good for us, we were not - lucky is not the right word because Rubens won the first year and I had a bit of unlucky moments there losing time and last year we were just simply not competitive and it was very straightforward. I thought yesterday that the way the weekend was going it may be one of the unlucky ones again when things don’t work out for you, but obviously the pendulum of luck has swung the other way around and hit me and I am naturally very delighted about it for having another win for the championship and for the conditions altogether, just beautiful, and particularly if you don’t expect to win a race and just think to keep the damage as small as possible. Concerning Shanghai, an interesting city, very interesting people and I would like to express a lot of thanks to all the fans here because they have been extremely nice and enthusiastic all the week I have been here, very nice to see, in particular the tribune at the end of the straight, a beautiful atmosphere over there with all the pictures of my history, my family and everybody. Beautiful. Thanks a lot for this. If I come back again, we’ll see. It is possible in a way. But I don’t know yet.
Q: (Wuh Shanjing Fan – Changjiang Times) Today you are the champion, so do you give a wonderful kiss goodbye to your Chinese supporters?
MS: Yes, well, I think so… Chinese fans down here and in particular at turn 14 all the guys everywhere else who were cheering for us saw a great race and a lot of entertainment and from my side a good result and a little present and give-back for the last two years. Q: Michael, Suzuka is one of your favourite circuits and Ferrari and you used to be very fast there – how do you analyse the next two rounds of the championship considering your car and the Renault as well?MS: It is very difficult to predict the characters of a circuit and then to draw conclusions for the cars, which one it is going to suit better to the circuit and so on. I really puzzle to have a strong feeling. You are right in terms of driving style and so on I love Suzuka. It is a fantastic circuit. Our car has been good and we have to see if we can manage the tyre situation as we have done in other circuits and we have to take it from weekend to weekend because it is difficult to make predictions.
Note : The information contained in this entry and the immediate previous entry is obtained from The Official Formula 1 Website and from Yahoo Sports.

No comments: