Saturday, April 01, 2006

O Faizal, Where Art Thou?

It has been quite some time since I last talked about Faizal. Back in 2001, after he disappeared for two months, that was, after his sudden unexplainable anger in September that year, he reappeared again in November.
If I remember correctly, I sent a text to greet him of the coming fasting month. The reply was a brief 'thank you and same to you'. That surprised me because I did not expect a reply.
Then there was a series of short sms-es, and in December, I greeted him for Christmas, and he replied. Not that I celebrated Christmas, though, but living abroad has made me include Christmas as one of the celebrations in my life. My friends there always include me in their Christmas Eve dinner, taking the trouble to use halal ingredients obtained from the International Shop ran by muslim Arabian owner. I used to help them to prepare something, like preparing the vege dish, or side-dish for the dinner. It was an enjoyable time, and I still miss England now, especially during Christmas time. I am a devoted Muslim, so my joining my friends for the dinner is more to honoring invitations, nothing to do with beliefs and religion.
I do not drink, nor do I smoke. Not prejudice to those who do, but, just sorry to see people shortening their life-span.
In January 2002, things were going on well between me and Faizal. He was friendly again, and even so I found it hard to believe. I was being extra careful with what I said and tried not to do things that he did not like. You see, until now I don't even know why he was mad at that time. Sometimes I do think that nothing about that man makes sense.
I started another blog, named Jedi Archive, the web address being http://textarchive.blogspot.com. This blog displays almost all of his sms-es to me. You may wonder why I do such thing. You can find the reason in that blog.
Frankly I do not know what he is like in the corporate circle. But as a man, you could say that he is remarkable and to a certain degree, a gentleman. Credits should be given to his parents for bringing up such a fine man - again, to a certain degree.
There were times when he went jogging on Sundays.. tak tau lah apasal... tapi tiba tiba nanti dia kata dia nak pergi jogging. So okaylah, pergilah. It's not like I can join him pun. Tak taulah kat mana dia pergi, but I was thinking lucky nya girls kat sana. I would be lucky to find man like that in the area where I always jog in JB. Pacik-pacik tua ramailah. Those retired government Dato', no doubt. Because the area where I live in JB mostly comprises of top state government officials private residences. The best part was, along with the pacik, sometimes ada mak datin tercungap cungap tagging along. hehehehehehe. Probably for security purposes, or mayyybe mak datin pun nak keep fit. Also for security purposes, if you get what I mean.
I do miss chatting with him. Would give anything to have him back on air.
O, Faizal Where Art Thou?

No comments: