Friday, September 12, 2008

Of Arguments

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.

~ Edward Gibbon

The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know.

~ Joe Moore


and, my favourite one being :

Whoever fights monsters, should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. ~ Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

two things can be derived from this particular fav quote of mine:


1. kalau something or someone is so bad, kalau kita nak fight pun, janganlah sampai kita jadi teruk cam benda atau orang tu. so in fighting/arguing, kita kena careful.


2. kalau kita tengok/judge sesuatu atau seseorang, benda tu atau orang tu pun pandai gak menilai kita. it follows kalau diri tak sehebat mana, jangan simply nak show-off.


I found this in a book The Abyss along time ago. There's one movie with the same title. Buku tu la yang diaorang buat movie tu. I love the book and the movie. Memang accurate quote tu dengan movie tu.

Still on argument, the following is quite funny and cute, but in some ways, very smart:


After a heated argument on some trivial matter, Lady Nancy Astor shouted, If I were your wife, I would put poison in your coffee! Whereupon Sir Winston Churchill answered, And if I were your husband I would drink it.

No comments: