Thursday, September 04, 2008

Deepest Grief

My grandmother, my mother's mother, passed away at about 5:15 p.m. on the Ramadhan Eve, on August 31, 2008. On our Merdeka Day. In her final moments, my parents, my sister and myself were present. It was quite fast. She has been ill for quite some time, suffering from a serious cough. On that day, when the doctor came, she was still responding. The doctor then decided to transfer her to the hospital immediately for strict monitoring before she left at about 5:05 p.m. The assistants were preparing Grandma to be taken to hospital when it happened.

She was laid to rest at the Mahmoodiah Cemetery in this city on 1st Ramadhan (September 1, 2008), where her second son was laid to rest many years ago. It was a rainy day, but the rain miraculously stopped completely when she was taken to her final resting place, and during the funeral. On our way home, it began to rain again. It was as if the rain stopped to give way for us to pay our last respect to her.

Alhamdulillah, many people - relatives and friends paid their last respect. My siblings and inlaws were all present. My little niece seemed to understand what's happening.


May she rest in peace. May Allah the Almighty have mercy on her soul. Amin.

Al-Fatihah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

spec.. my deepest condolence to u n family.. semoga roh nya dicucuri rahmat Aminnnn.. ur grandma, is she the lady in the photo..? i think i had seen her photo a couple of times in ur blog before.. she was staying with u guys ke before..? i guess u might be quite close to her then eh..

my dad pun hospitalised on 31 august.. minor surgery for the stomach.. n i only knew about it last monday sbb i was in penang.. my parents chose not to inform me since they did not want us to be worried..!

spectacularwave said...

tq strawb, tq so much for ur concern and prayers. Yes that's my late grandma in the photo. She stayed with us dah lama juga. Been bed-ridden for quite some time. We are all very close with her esp me and my bro.. dia yang jaga kita since baby lagi.

Hope your Dad will have a speedy recovery.. kenapa dia strawb, sakit apa ya? u balik penang ya first puasa..wah sukala hasif travel.. Ye la, parents memang risau takut anak dia terfikir-fikir, esp kalau tengah travel. Selalu dah sampai destination baru beritau any news.

thanks so much, strawb.

Princess Shieda said...

Assalamualaikum Adinda tercinta,

Salam takziah to your and your entire family. AL-FATIHAH to Allahyarhamah.

Nampaknya, your late grandmother and my Tok (my Abah's father) berjiran. He was laid to rest there, too, many years ago.

Don't be too sad, okay? Seekahkan sebanyak mungkin bacaan Ayat-Ayat Suci Al-Quran to her.

Ikhlas.

spectacularwave said...

Waalaikumsalam w.b.k my beloved sis,

Thank you, sis for your thoughts and condolence. Terima kasih jua atas hadiah Al-Fatihah for my late grandmother.

Yalah sis, kita ini same root, ada sebelah singapura and jb as well. Our grandparents pun dikebumi di kawasan yang sama.

Thank you, Princess for your concern. I will remember to do as you suggest.

Thank you so much, Princess.

Anonymous said...

salam spec,

takziah....semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat...kebetulan, nenek i pun baru jugak meninggal....

spectacularwave said...

thanks for your concern and prayers, nia. Sorry to hear about your nenek. Bila dia meninggal nia? Sakit apa, if i may ask? My late grandma memang dah lama sakit-sakit.. old age pun ya juga.

Semoga Allah menempatkan nenek you di kalangan orang-orang yang dicintaiNya, Amin.