Sunday, March 09, 2008

Vote Wisely (Undilah Dengan Bijaksana)

I entered my poll centre at Sekolah Menengah Tasek Utara at about 8:30 a.m. yesterday and finished the task by 8:40 a.m. (My original plan was to go at 7:45 so that I can vote at 8:00 but that didn't happen).

And my Parliamentary and DUN's results were the first to be announced for Johor State (dengan bangganya heheheheh). It's Parlimen Pulai and DUN Pengkalan Rinting, won by Barisan Nasional. The Candidates for BN are Dato' Nur Jazlan Mohamed (Pulai MP) and Mr. Chia Song Cheng (DUN Pengkalan Rinting).

Vote Wisely - this being my choice of slogan for the election. Doesn't matter who you are voting or from which party, but you must choose wisely. Bukan simply ikut-ikut or dengar-dengar cakap orang or anything. Because different people have different priorities. Or frustration. You have every single right to determine your future. What's more, for each state, kekuatan sesebuah parti adalah berlainan. Some candidates from let's say Party A, are really good in Johor State but some candidates from the same party in other states are really hampeh.

So, like I said, vote wisely. Not membuta tuli.

And why I don't like these slogans? Because...

Vote For Malaysia ~ hey, it's MALAYSIAN 12th General Election. Vote untuk siapa kalau tidak for Malaysia? LAME!

Vote For The Future ~ Hello, ever heard of anyone voting for the past?????

Lain kali nak buat slogan tu, fikirlah sikit. It's different if you say Vote For A Better Malaysia, or Vote For A Promising Future. Kan?

No comments: