Monday, February 25, 2008

Ayat-Ayat Cinta


It all began with this book. One day, Mimi told me about this book. She said she's gonna buy it when she's coming back for the holiday. And just before she left Scotland for Egypt, she told me she bought the book in its original Indonesian version. Me, being an avid reader, immediately asked my Mom to look for the book in one of her trips to KL last year. And yes, I got it.

(WARNING : This is not some kind of ordinary lovey-dovey, romance novel)

I had to issue this warning due to the reactions I received when some people see me reading this book - people whom you could classify as judging-the-book-by-the-cover-type.

As a personal note, I find this book really great. For one, it reminds us of the fact that we are servants to God. And it portrays the beauty of practising our life as Muslims and Muslimahs. Also, when you love someone or something, that love should not be greater than your love to Him, The Almighty. The story takes place in Egypt, as the main character is a student in the Al-Azhar University, Cairo. That's all I can say of the book now. Am going to write some more in my other blog (the book review blog) later.

And last month, Mimi told me about this song by Rossa, and the upcoming movie Ayat-Ayat Cinta (now playing in Indonesia).

Rossa - Ayat-Ayat Cinta

desir pasir di padang tandus
segersang pemikiran hati
terkisah ku di antara cinta yang rumit

bila keyakinanku datang
kasih bukan sekadar cinta
pengorbanan cinta yang agung
ku pertaruhkan

*maafkan bila ku tak sempurna
cinta ini tak mungkin ku cegah
ayat-ayat cinta bercerita
cintaku padamu

bila bahagia mulai menyentuh
seakan ku bisa hidup lebih lama
namun harus ku tinggalkan cinta
ketika ku bersujud

bila keyakinanku datang
kasih bukan sekadar cinta
pengorbanan cinta yang agung
ku pertaruhkan

repeat *

And yes, I am waiting for this movie to arrive in Malaysia.. (or at least the DVD :D).

Thank you endlessly to Mimi, for introducing Ayat-Ayat Cinta, to me. Psst, Mimi.. Kang Fahri ku entah di mana :D




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Congratulations.Continue with your blog.
I liked very much to visit your city kuala lumpur.
best regards
Ruca

spectacularwave said...

Hello Ruca,

thank you for visiting.. and please do let me know if u r coming to Kuala Lumpur... :)

spectacularwave said...

Hello Jack,

thank you for dropping by.. and warmest greetings from Malaysia to you :)