Monday, August 06, 2007

Eventful

A very eventful weekend for me this time...
Let me begin updating by telling you briefly about the accident. On late Friday night, I just got back from somewhere with my SIL and niece... and I decided to stop at a food court nearby our house to buy food. We haven't had our dinner yet, so I stopped to buy something for the two of us.

Barely 5 minutes I left the car, I saw people running towards the road. I suspected there must be some accident. Then I heard people said "dah lari, dah lari". Since I am not the kind of person who likes to run into a crowd to know about things, so I ignored them. Thinking that it was another hit and run accident. What's more, they were focused at a Vitara not very far from where I was sitting. My car (my Mom's actually) was parked further down the road. So I thought it can't be mine.

Then there was this boy who worked at the place where I ordered food ran to me and said "kereta kakak kena langgar" . It was then that I ran like mad towards the car, thinking about my SIL and the baby. There she was, standing beside the car, hugging the baby tightly to her.

Alhamdulillah both of them were safe. She told me that a red Proton Saga, with 5 men inside, hit the Vitara which was parked behind our car. Nobody was inside the Vitara. The Vitara was hit so severely that it moved forward and hit our car. The bumper was quite damaged , but not too bad. She managed to remember the licence plate, though.

Apparently she had called my Dad and a while later he arrived to deal with the situation. I regretted the fact that the owner of the Vitara, who happened to be a police officer, refused to lodge a police report since his car was not affected. Sudahlah awak tu polis, tak mahu ikut procedure undang-undang, boleh ajar pulak kita ni menipu. Ada ke patut dia suruh I report yang kereta I yang dilanggar Proton Saga tu and not his car. LIKE HELL lah I nak buat begitu. I sensed that something must be very wrong with that man.

Apapun I am so thankful that all of us were safe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's definitely something amiss.

Anonymous said...

adoiii berderau darah i baca.. hope everything's ok n nobody's hurt.. sian ur niece.. jgn terkejut dah la.. hopefully the impact is not so bad n she can barely feels anything.. hope u did something, police report.. anything.. as long as the guys in the proton learn something.. let's make them regret..

spectacularwave said...

Princess, that's what I sensed the very first time I was told to report that the Red Saga actually hit my car instead of the Vitara.

spectacularwave said...

Alhamdulillah, both my SIL and niece were safe and sound. Cuma terkejut masa mula-mula saja. Tapi memang geramlah sebab mereka tu cuai ke mabuk tak taulah but.. satu geram dengan yang melanggar, second geram dengan Vitara owner tu.

thanks for your concern, Strawberry