Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happily, Then Unhappily Married

I am inspired to write this because of two things. Number One, the entry written by my Charming Sister in her private buletin, and Number Two, in view of the unhappily married friends of mine.

Yes, what my sister wrote is very,very, true. And I am going to reestablish it here, to share with all of you. I am going to use my own sentence, for reasons known only to myself and herself *grin*.

These unhappily married people, time orang lain sibuk-sibuk nak kahwin, dia pun SIBUK juga nak kahwin. Tengok orang go shopping for hantaran diaorang ni pun cannot wait to follow suit. Ada pula tu yang sanggup paksa a guy belikan hantaran dan paksa bertunang (My God). Dan selepas kahwin, orang sibuk-sibuk nak minta dilepaskan, nak bebas semula, dia pun sibuk consider benda yang sama.

And now, you people come to me to complain about the very things that I warned you about? What, you want me to say I told you so? You want me to laugh at you? I am sorry, you want me to think of a solution?

I really do not know what to say. Because the way I see it, you people are scr*w*d up BIG TIME punya.

Forgive me, but these people, kenal mengenal in 1, 2 or 3 months, terus grab the man and ajak bertunang. Then 4-6 months later, berkahwin. And about a year later, mula berduka lara. Of course, these people are not the survivors type yang boleh tahan apa situation pun, yang boleh buat tak tau aje to their surrounding. These people are the people yang menjadi society's favourite ladies kononnya. I do not want to go into details.. enough if I say these are the type yang ala-ala 'control ayu' and lembut gigi dari lidah. Jenis perempuan yang her 'Yes' means 'No' and her 'No' means 'Yes'. In short, the type that I classify as 'Highly Membosankan'. Atau dalam bahasa halusnya "Obedient, But Not Very Bright".
Oh, as a recap, dulu sebelum diaorang ni kahwin, when told to fikir habis-habis dan bila kita point out the drawbacks, the popular reply would be.. "Kalau macam itu sampai bila pun tak kahwin". Yes, come to think of it, sepatutnya time tu I tanya dia kan, "You nak kahwin sampai bila, actually?" Another popular reply is "Ala, lepas kahwin nanti pandai-pandai la. Mana ada orang kahwin tak ada masalah".
And now, bravo! Pandai-pandai lah ya... kot-kotlah nak kahwin 'sampai setakat ini' sahaja.

No comments: