Monday, November 27, 2006

Anjal Mempesona

Weeks ago I read this Lux advertisement and promotion on its latest range of shower gel. I was reading a Malay newspaper, so the ad was in Malay. The shower gels came in various types and names.

There were (in Malay) Putih Anggun, Lembut Manja, and several others, but what really attracted me was Anjal Mempesona. Hehehehe.... really fancy name.. kelakar pun ya... reminds me of Physics in Form 5. Darjah Keanjalan hehehe.

I bought Anjal Mempesona a few days after that. And later I bought other scents too. Suka tengok botol-botolnya.. cute. The English name for Anjal Mempesona turned out to be Uplifting Firm. Not really accurate, isn't it. Anjal Mempesona would be Charming Elastic. Uplifting Firm would mean Pejal Mengangkat.

The smell is very nice and heavenly. Not bad, Cik Anjal.. hehehe.

I am the kind of person who likes to have several types of shower gels with different scents(I bet most women are like this!). In my bathroom, I have at least 3 types of body scrubs, 5 shower gels and at least three other soap bars - goat milk, mangir, rose and a bottle of bath salt. Yes, I like pampering myself and feel comfortable and nice-smelling whenever I am at home. Cousins and friends used to tease me and say I syok sendiri sebab wangi-wangi to please diri sendiri, as I am pretty much the homely type. To this , I can only say, I am sorry, I am not the person who cares about what people say about me, but I do care about what I say to myself.

Soaking in the bathtub is also my favourite, but I don't do it frequently. But no, mengadap cermin berjam-jam everyday is not my thing... and I don't really apply make-ups unless I am attending functions. Reason? Very simple. LAZY. Also, I don't really know how. Once I rajin juga gunakan make-ups.. but it is very time-consuming, and you have to look at the mirror from time to time to ensure it stays fresh. T..a...k.... K...u...a....s...a.

But I am quite particular when it comes to facial care. From time to time, I do facial scrubs, apply mask etc. My skin is the combination type, but Alhamdulillah never face any real problems with it. Maybe because I started as early as 16 to cleanse, tone and moisturise my face. Don't really use moisturiser though, makes my skin oily and will create tiny spots later. Sometimes, I apply fresh tomato juice to my face - they say it can help reduce the oiliness of the skin. (if there's such word as oiliness hehehe...)

Body Lotion? Yes, on a daily basis.

A glimpse on our Cik Anjal...


No comments: