Friday, March 03, 2006

A Cool Advice

This is the continuation of the post 'To What Do I Deserve This Anger?'.

After that Friday night, he switched off his mobile for the whole weekend. I was worried and scared. My weekend was filled with Q & A session in my head, trying to figure out the reason. I sent several messages to his mobile. But there was no reply.

On Monday, I tried to call his mobile. I tried twice, but he did not take my calls. So I took the risk of calling his office, and was prepared for the worst. I only identified myself as Ann. I asked to speak to Faizal, but his secretary cynically asked me to address him using his first name. At that time barulah I tau first name dia. Well, not , my fault. His secretary said he was in a discussion. Not long after that my mobile rang, a call from him.

"Hello, Suraya. Did you call my office?".

"Yes I did. I am so worried. Whatever happened to you? Why did you swith your mobile off?"

"I was sick, and was admitted. The whole family was there. That's why".

"I see. I am so sorry I didn't know. You sakit apa, Faizal? "

"I sakitlah. "

"Were you mad at me? If you were, why? Takkan because I did not give you the answer".

"No. Nothing."

Not only was he rude, he was not nice. An entirely different Faizal. The best part is, I have absolutely no idea why. Tanya sakit apa pun, tak mau bagitau. If I did not care, I won't ask.

"Anyway, what's your first name?"

"B****l"

"Why didn't you tell me that night"

"Saja. What's your first name."

"A**i. Hey, please, tell me are you mad at me? You are different today."

"No. I am just busy. Please note that I am a 32 years-old man not a boy of 18".

"Alright, then."

"Okay. You see, I am very busy right now. I' ll talk to you later. And stop sending like twenty sms-es per day. Save your money."

"Okay, bye".

I was totally stunned. With all due respect, he was the one who called me so early in the morning AND anytime he likes, sending flirtatious sms-es and all... and NOW he said THAT to me? Save your money.

How unfair. How very unfair.

He did not call me as frequent as he used to. In fact, he hardly called me after that.

And I have resolved to the fact that he was not as nice as I thought. He is nice only when he wants to be.

I tried to sms and call him again after that, but, when the respond was negative, after a while I stopped.

Well, that hurts but I went on as usual.

One day, I talked to my best friend, a gentleman in his early 40s, about it. Just to get a man's point of view.

My friend said " My Dear, you don't really know him, so don't bother so much about him. What he did was terrible, yes, very ungentlemanly, regardless of who he is. That is no way to treat a lady, let alone a nice lady like you. But that's him. Not you. Don't say anything bad to him or hold grudges. "

"Yeah, that's what I did. Tapi I pelik. Sudahlah dia tak kenal I, suka suka dia je nak jadi baik atau kasar dengan I. Dahsyat betul. Jenis apa agaknya tu".

"Dear, itu namanya dia mengada-ngada. Yalah, agaknya he thinks it's easy for him to get any woman. Itu yang dia layan orang suka suka hati."

"You think, dia tu handsome dan cool sangat ke, sampai besar kepala macam tu?"

"Mungkin have the looks lah.. itu yang besar kepala tu... but, cool? No lah. Difficult to say, but you fikir sendirilah, kalau buat orang macam tu, cool ke?"

"hehehehe. I got it. Habis, kalau dia ada contact lagi, nak layan ke?"

"Up to you, rasa nak layan, layanlah ".

"Nanti dia kata I tak ada principles, layan je everytime. How?"

"Dear, you do what you like. What you think is right. Apa dia nak kata, biarkan. If you still think you should give him chances, layan lah as long as you can stand him. If you have had enough, then you know what to do. Your being nice to him after what he has done does not mean you have no principles."

"Okay. But what if he thinks I am cheap or tergila kat dia?"

"If that is the case, memanglah dia mat perasan habis, tak taulah dari ulu mana dia datang. If that happens, back-off Suraya. "

"Okay, I will give it a thought. Hmm, entah apa lah agaknya dia ingat I ni kan."

"My Dear, who is he? Who is he compared to us? "

To this, I got it completely. What a cool advice.

No comments: